About Me
- Karen
- Lets see...Thirty Something and Loving life. Trying my best to keep a happy home and be the best I can be. Socialite who has trouble balancing family, friends, church and work.
A touch of Inspiration
HAPPY IS WHAT YOU MAKE IT!
I was at the Christophersons the other day and saw this saying displayed in the kitchen:
"HAPPY IS WHAT YOU MAKE IT-ALWAYS HAS BEEN, ALWAYS WILL BE"
What a simple truth to live by and it goes hand in hand with this mormon ad "Come What May and Love It".
We will always be blessed when we choose the better part, follow the commandmants and strive to live a Christ like life.
I am greatful for the the sure things in life: My family, my friends and my Faith- These are the things that bring Lasting Happiness. And By these I have been blessed abundantly!
"HAPPY IS WHAT YOU MAKE IT-ALWAYS HAS BEEN, ALWAYS WILL BE"
What a simple truth to live by and it goes hand in hand with this mormon ad "Come What May and Love It".
We will always be blessed when we choose the better part, follow the commandmants and strive to live a Christ like life.
I am greatful for the the sure things in life: My family, my friends and my Faith- These are the things that bring Lasting Happiness. And By these I have been blessed abundantly!
Wednesday, June 25, 2008
Ashland, Oregon
Heaven on Earth
For those of you who may not know- I actually lived in Ashland, Oregon for a brief time in my childhood. Though my stay was just short of a year, I have the fondest memories of this beautiful place. It was less touristy then but it was just as majestic and beautiful.Ashland Creek actually ran right through our back yard. My brother Brian and I fell in a time or two while trying to build bridges across with timber from the creek banks. We rode our bikes up and down the hills, stopped to feed the horses, and just a couple of blocks later found ourselves in Lithia Park at the edge of town. After we had our fill of excitement, we would head back home but not before stopping at a little Donut shop in town. I wonder now if we actually had enough change to pay for the donuts or if the owners were just Kind enough to make us think that we did.I havent been back to see Ashland for 18 years now. I know it has grown and that the little donut shop is probably gone but I like to think that it is just as I left it. A bit of heaven here on Earth...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment